Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Putting a Wrap on my Time at Paracord Planet

Putting a Wrap on my Time at Paracord Planet

Written By: Jackson Yakowicz

Jackson passes on the Paracord Baton (aka Paracord Pete) to Maggie

I was twenty years old when I started working at Paracord Planet. I had never heard of paracord before—I merely was looking for a job that could pay some bills and grant me a few college credits. It took me about three months to learn my first weave; it took me roughly six to learn the jargon. Although I was far from expert status, it only took me a few days on the job to realize what an amazing sense of community existed amongst you paracord crafters. I was welcomed in to it, I provided content to it, and I will miss it dearly. Over the past year and a half, I learned more about hitches, knots, and weaves than I ever thought possible. Although I will be leaving a drawer full of paracord crafts behind, I will be bringing with me an immense collection of memories from my time spent at Paracord Planet.

Alright, enough with the sentimentality. I am so very proud to give over the reins to Paracord Planet’s social media accounts to my friend, Maggie. As I look back on all of the relationships that I have made with you people over the past 16 months, I can’t help but feel ecstatic for Maggie to share some of those same experiences. She has an innate ability to connect with people, a marked way with words, and a budding fascination with paracord. I’m leaving you all in very good hands!


For the last time, #HappyCording.

To keep up with Maggie's work, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, check out our Pinterest, view us on Google+, or give our Instagram a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment