Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Paracord of the Future

Paracord of the Future

What bracelets will look like in 25 years


Every grandchild has had their fair share of “back in my day…” conversations. These talks with my grandma have led me to many horrifying realizations; I now believe that if it were not for a cell phone, I would have never gone on a date, and if it were not for Facebook, I would have no friends. In 50+ years when I’m a grandpa, I’m sure that I will have similar conversations with my kin. ‘When I was your age, all we had were the cobra-weave bracelets.’ Like all other commodities, paracord is bound to flourish as technological capacities increase. Look back two years ago on how limited the designs for paracord bracelets were. Now, we have bracelets with flint-rod buckles, LED lights, and much much more. The functionality of paracord is ever-expanding, and it got me to thinking: what will paracord bracelets look like 25 years in the future?! Here are a few of my ideas…

#1: The Invisi-Cord Bracelet


Harry Potter’s “Invisibility Cloak” meets the futuristic real world. Imagine the benefits of a paracord bracelet that could go into hiding. I love my paracord bracelet, but in an office setting, it’s not exactly “proper attire.” Also, while you are out hunting and don’t want your brightly-colored paracord bracelet to draw attention, how great would it be to be able to push a button and have your bracelet vanish from sight? On top of everything else, it would just be downright cool. Technological developments aimed at creating invisible military clothing is already well underway, and it might not be long until the invisible paracord bracelet is actually an item for citizens to purchase.

#2: The Para-Spy Bracelet


I think I watched too much “Spy Kids” when I was younger. I also thought that I was going to be a CIA agent until I was about 12. Needless to say, when I heard about the “Google Glass,” I was infatuated. For those of you who don’t know, this hands-free device from Google allows you to take pictures with just the blink of an eye. Imagine these same capabilities from your paracord bracelet. A microscopic camera could be inserted in a bead on your bracelet, and you could be able to have your very own spy gear that could respond to natural language commands, or touch. As technology advances and internet becomes increasingly accessible, it’s not too farfetched of a concept for your paracord bracelet to be used to surf the internet, too. Maybe I’m a dreamer, but I’m certainly not the only one.

#3: The Bracelet That Flies


We’ve seen an evolution in paracord hardware just over the past six months. We now can purchase a high-pitched whistle buckle, a flint-rod buckle that can start a fire, and a special buckle with a handcuff key attached to it. The sky is the limit—and hey, maybe your paracord bracelet will fly towards it. Many years down the road, as jetpack capabilities and other apparatuses for flight are innovated, we might just see the “flying buckle.” Imagine how great this would be for your business! Instead of the traditional route of making a bracelet and then sending it to a customer, you could simply fly the bracelet to them. I know, I’m getting way ahead of myself, but if history has taught us anything, it’s that we need to expect the unexpected. I don’t know about you, but I would love to have a jetpack bracelet strapped around my wrist.


As those of you avid corders know, the possibilities with paracord are truly infinite. Do you have any other ideas of what we can expect from paracord bracelets in the future?! Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, add us to your Google+ circles, check out our Pinterest, and add us on Snapchat (at ParacordPlanet)! We frequently run contests on all of these social media venues, and would love to connect with the rest of the #ParacordFam!!

Written by: Jackson Yakowicz, P2 Intern

Contact at jacksony@imsetc.com

For more of Jack's work, view his full blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment